HVAC module

Not much to report this weekend.  There were lots of other things going on, so I only managed to get a bit of cleaning and painting done.

First I got stuck into the HVAC unit using.  I removed the fan duct, and cleaned both items with Wax & Grease Remover.  Underneath the remaining film of dirt the main unit looks pretty good.  I also painted the rusty bits with some VHT Rust Convertor.

IMG_2454

The fan duct is metal, and needed some sanding to flatten off the bubbles and surface rust.  I then gave it a coat of black gloss paint, and it came up really well.  I also took the opportunity to clean up the fan motor and paint it too.

IMG_2455  IMG_2457 IMG_2456

While I was in the painting mood, I grabbed the fan shroud.  Some more Wax & Grease Remover, followed by a light sand and it was ready to go.  This part is really visible, so I took some extra time to try and get it right.  After a couple of light coats, I laid down a heavy coat.  The result was fantastic!

I then removed the old tatty rubber flaps from the bottom of the shroud, and replaced them with some brand new pieces of rubber.

IMG_2458  IMG_2459

Unfortunately, that’s it!  😦

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s