Although the rear registration plate light works, the lens is all but gone and the metal frame damaged. I did some research and found a Cadillac lense for a whole lotta money. After spending some time searching on eBay in the US I found a Chev lens which looked identical. In the end I bought it. It arrived today so I got to work on it tonight.
I removed the rear light assembly from the vehicle – it looks like it has had a pretty hard impact at some time.
I spent some time with a hammer and steel block to straighten it all out. I managed to get it pretty close 🙂
I cleaned it all up using a wire wheel and then masked up the light globe socket. I followed this up with a coat of Liquid Chrome paint on the reflector and then covered it with masking tape.
I then painted the frame on both sides with high temp black paint. I like this paint from Paintmobile because it covers really well.
I then assembled the light and lens. Last job was to assemble it back on the car…..easy!